July 23, 2012 in News
Partnering with Anglia Ruskin University, Changing Chelmsford are hosting our third Ideas Festival between October 13-20th with the theme of Innovative City and are developing an exciting and diverse range of events. From: designing the re-use of our heritage buildings; “open thought” debates; to make-athon events, our events emphasise inspiration and participation.
Our subthemes this year are:
- Innovative People (community networks, local initiatives and wellbeing)
- Innovative Place (heritage, environment and sustainability)
- Innovative Practice (Civic/local economy and community/social enterprise)
If our themes resonate and you and/or your organization would like to host an event there are some suitable opportunities to participate including:
• Hosting your own Innovative City themed event or project in the week of the festival and therefore being included in our Festival programme both in print and online. You can host this event at your own location or at Anglia Ruskin University or one of our town centre locations.
• Contributing to one of our themes via: an Open thought debate; Speaker’s corner session; engineering or craft Make-a-thon; History or special topic walk; or film night to name some of the possibilities.
• Sponsoring one of our scheduled events through in-kind support and/or financially.
As we wish to support a diverse range of events and activities- we’ll be making small sums of money available towards costs such as poster printing.
If this is of interest, please contact Leonie Ramondt on 07402070747 or via changingchelmsford(at)gmail.com to explore possibilities. Our closing date for event registration is the 17th of August.